Hey, #ShokzSquad! Maeghan here with your monthly nutrition blog post. With the holidays upon us, this time of the year can be filled with happiness, joy, family and did we mention FOOD?! It can be tough to stay on track with your fitness and nutrition goals with all of the tempting food choices around you. I’ve put together a few tips and tricks to keep in mind to stay (relatively) healthy.
- Get up and workout! Treat the morning like it’s a regular day. Wake up, go sweat, and take care of yourself. You’ll feel much better about a little extra indulgence in the evening if you spend your morning moving.
- Eat! Do not starve yourself all morning in anticipation of the food to come. It won’t do anything except make you hungry, cranky and magnify your cravings.
- Be present. Remember what it’s all about- being grateful for what you have and not stressing about every calorie.
- Make choices. I love pie as much as the next person, but this isn’t the last time you’re going to be surrounded by desserts. Pick what you want the most and indulge a little.
- Share. Giving and receiving leftovers is fun (free food is good food!), but when it comes to treats that could lead to you overindulging, the easiest way to stay in control is to share them with others!
Thanksgiving is about enjoying the loved ones you surround yourself with, supporting one another, and lots of laughter. Keeping these simple tips in mind is a way to be more conscious while having a fantastic Thanksgiving. Enjoy your holiday and chase those goals!
Do you have any suggestions for nutrition topics you’d like to see covered on the blog? Let us know @AfterShokz!