The sports performance headphone brand gives back in honor of Global Running Day with the launch of a new grant initiative benefitting youth running programs.
Austin, TX — May 4, 2020 — AfterShokz, the leading manufacturer of bone conduction headphones, today launched its Making Stridez Grant for high school and Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) track & field and cross country teams. The new initiative will help financially support deserving team programs in celebration of Global Running Day, which takes place annually on June 3.
From May 1 through June 15, AfterShokz will be accepting grant nominations for coaches and programs that have positively impacted the youth running communities they serve. Nominations are open to the general public. Each nominated coach and program will be eligible for a chance to receive a $3,000 grant from AfterShokz, Goodr Sunglasses for their entire team, and a Team Prize Pack including AfterShokz headphones and $250 gift cards from Science In Sport, Nathan Sports, NUUN, Orange Mud and Zealios. Once nominations close on June 15, semi-finalists will be notified and will be required to submit a short video explaining their need and how the grant would assist with furthering the betterment of their program. The grant-winning program and two finalists will be announced on August 13, 2020.
The Making Stridez Grant further supports AfterShokz’s company commitment to philanthropic efforts while also introducing a new group of runners to a suite of products designed to keep runners inspired, entertained, and safe. Having partnered with organizations and public figures from the likes of runDisney, Bright Pink, United Relay of America, and Olympic athletes Missy Franklin and Meb Keflezighi, the new grant creates another opportunity for AfterShokz to serve and connect with both its customers and the global running community at large.
“When it comes to choosing company initiatives, authenticity is most important to us and this grant is a testament to that focus,” said Kim Fassetta, Chief Marketing Officer at AfterShokz. “Since our start, we’ve cultivated a company culture built on the pillars of dedication and community service. In addition to doing our part to raise awareness and give back to those who have helped build a framework for the running communities of these schools and club programs, this grant furthers our commitment to keeping people safe and equipped to achieve their best.”
Qualifications and prize details:
- This grant is open to U.S applicants only
- All entries must be submitted using the online nominations form found at www.aftershokz.com/makingstridez
- The deadline for all entries is June 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
- The awards nominations are free to submit, and there is no limit to the number of nominations that can be submitted, but you can only submit one nomination for each coach or program.
- The winner and top two finalists will be announced on August 13, 2020.
- One winner will receive a $3,000 grant from AfterShokz, Goodr Sunglasses for the entire team, and a Team Prize Pack including AfterShokz headphones for their team, and $250 gift cards from Science In Sport, Nathan Sports, NUUN, Orange Mud and Zealios.
- The remaining top two finalists will receive a Team Prize Pack including AfterShokz headphones for their team, and $250 gift cards from Science In Sport, Nathan Sports, NUUN, Orange Mud, and Zealios.
Since its inception in 2011, AfterShokz has been enhancing lives and changing the way people listen with its unique use of bone conduction technology. Through a suite of proprietary audio technologies and open-ear design, the company’s award-winning headphones deliver premium stereo sound and a promise of safety and comfort that is second to none. AfterShokz is committed to innovating unconventionally and making situational awareness a priority. Learn more about how the brand inspires users to ‘Be Open’ and hear it all at https://aftershokz.com/